Illawonga Campsite is near Swan Reach on the Murray River, approximately two hours drive from Adelaide. The Illawonga property consists of the camp site, large river frontage ideal for all sorts of water sports and an 1800 acre mallee reserve.
Accommodation & Facilities
- Accommodation is provided for up to 64 people in seven air-conditioned sleeping areas: two rooms of 18 beds, a separate air-conditioned 8 bed cabin and four air-conditioned five-bed rooms.
- The recreation room features a pool table a table tennis table, small library and games.
- The air-conditioned gymnasium features sports equipment supplied by ACROMAT and features a large foam filled landing pit.
- The dining area doubles as a classroom and activity area.
- Each inside-sleeping area has its own bathroom with multiple showers and toilets.
- There is a separate bathroom with shower & toilet for adults.
- Sports equipment and basketball rings are available. Water restrictions have precluded any grassed play area but a large hard play area is popular for footy, basketball and throw-and-fetch games with the campsite mascots.